Day #1 Potty Boot Camp Problems
One of the most common emails I receive from parents is regarding problems that happen during day one of Potty Boot Camp. Day one is hard work and can be frustrating and discouraging....after all, we are asking your child to "undo" 2-3 years of a habit in less than eight hours. Some kids respond very quickly and it all seems to click right away. Others have such a difficult time with the transition that their parents feel as if it will never click.
With that in mind, here are some tips about what is indeed normal for Day #1:
1. You will get frustrated. You will feel like you child is going to be peeing on the floor forever. Yes, you might even break down into tears.
2. Your child might not "get it" the first day. He or she probably will...but it's also possible they may not. This depends largely on your child's age. Younger toddlers can take one to seven days to self-initiate. Older toddlers might take one to three days.
3. The key to good results is consistency and patience. No matter how bleak it all seems the first day or two, invariably your child will be doing MUCH better by the second or third day. I can't tell you how many emails I've received that say, "Wow, I'm glad I didn't give up."
4. The Potty Boot Camp understands how discouraging it can be when things aren't going well. That's why I offer free coaching. Find yourself sitting in a puddle of tears at 8pm the first night? Write me! We'll give you a pep talk and the motivation and courage to go another day.
5. Remember that this is a process. Although our success rate with The Potty Boot Camp is remarkably high, some kids simply take longer than others. Hang in there!
Good luck potty training!
Hi! I just wanted to thank you so much for your great, short, concrete book! My son was going to lose his preschool spot on Sept 1st if we couldn't get him trained and he's a VERY stubborn almost 3 …
"Potty Boot Camp Works For Me"
We received a glowing review from the blog "Epic Mommy Adventures" today. Natasha used The Potty Boot Camp to help potty train her son and wrote a blog post about her experiences. I love …
The first day can be rough...but the hard work is worth it. Read below a testimonial from a family who stuck with the program and it paid off by day #2.
"So we started our first day yesterday! Let me …